Ya Ya You Is Welcome

Monday, February 27, 2006

Lately...

Lately I've been feeling spacey again. A heavy loss in motivation which is driving me nuts. I feel like I keep procrastinating, putting things off and then they end up half assed and I'm embarassed of it a little bit. Pertaining to school at least.

I feel slightly bored with life. I need to do something extreme. I decided that I wanted to go to Chicago and visit my friend Crystal for sprink break. I haven't seen the girl in about 4 years now. I miss her a lot and need to do that. I'm also looking forward to my summer plans which are pretty much me going to Tennessee for Bonnaroo and then going to Armenia for a Photo internship. those two things are a must right now. I need something that's going to blow me away.

I find out March 1st whether or not I got into the School of Art and Design. my stomache's in knots over it. I've been learning so much in this photography class about paper film and light. I feel myself growing as a photographer and I couldn't imagine not being able to do it here. I did some pretty cool pinhole photography and made paper negatives and then positives out of the negatives. I'm also hopefully going to be working off a Nikon D100 Digital SLR off of my brother-in-law which is pretty flipping SWEET! I can't wait to learn how to use it and everything. I feel like i'm expanding in two opposite directions. I would really love to get a medium format camera though. They are so expensive but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to own one. ESPECIALLY for my trip to Armenia, not having to worry about film being ruined is great.

I went to see the Disco Biscuits this weekend at Starland Ballroom. They played 3 nights of which is saw the last 2. I went to both show's sober not necissarily out of choice. I was really happy about it. I found that I had more energy to dance and it felt better to let loose sober than letting loose on drugs. Going to Bisco shows just makes me miss phish more though. It's a little sad. and kinda hard to handle. I met a girl this weekend named Annie who was into Phish and had been to a couple of shows I'd been to and we were just truely missing Phish.


That's all for now.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Laurence O'Neal Suarez said…

    Congrats on your acceptance into the photography program. ALSO I didnt know about medium format and the difference in the way film is handled, tell us more!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home